Sennheiser IE 900
The new IE 900 from Sennheiser sets a new benchmark in portable audio fidelity through technical innovation, meticulous attention to detail, and an uncompromising demand for perfection. The IE 900’s acoustic design ensures brilliant, natural high-end sound reproduction. It features a refined version of Sennheiser’s 7mm audiophile Extra Wide Band XWB transducer system, engineered to tighter tolerances and expertly tuned for even greater fidelity, and a unique triple-chamber absorber T3CA system. These advances produce high dynamics in a precise and controlled manner, so music stays distortion free and extremely transparent at any listening volume. The IE 900 is manufactured by a specialist team at Sennheiser’s headquarters in Germany to the highest production standards in the audio industry, ensuring exceptional lasting quality.
Sennheiser IE 900
- Innovative X3R technology, unique to the IE 900, combines the German-made 7mm transducer with specially developed membrane foil, triple-chamber absorber and acoustic vortex for an-intense listening experience
- Larger-than-life sound from 7mm TrueResponse Transducer, crafted in Germany specifically foreign listening using the entire frequency spectrum for critical hearing of all elements of the source
- Unique triple-chamber absorber system and acoustic vortex removes masking resonances for a refined and extended treble. Newly developed membrane foil minimizes resonances and distortion
- Equipped with para-aramid reinforced cables with gold plated MMCX connectors which possesses a special recessed and robust design to ensure reliability even after over 500 attachment cycles
- Selection of silicone and memory foam ear adaptors in 3 sizes (S/M/L) and adjustable ear hooks to ensure an optimal fit and high noise isolation
- Product includes: 3 connecting cables with MMCX connectors; single ended 3.5mm and balanced 2.5mm & 4.4mm, silicone & memory foam sets (S, M, L), carry case, cleaning tool and user manual
Sennheiser IE 900. Every Detail Matters.
The new IE 900 from Sennheiser sets a new benchmark in portable audio fidelity through technical innovation (X3R technology), meticulous attention to detail, and an uncompromising demand for perfection.
Every aspect of the IE 900 has been engineered to work in harmony to achieve the desired acoustic tuning and to reduce resonances and masking effects. Its acoustic design ensures brilliant, natural high-end sound reproduction and reveals even the finest details in the music.
Introducing the X3R technology
Innovative X3R technology, unique to the IE 900, unites the German-made 7mm TrueResponse transducer with specially developed membrane foil, triple-chamber absorber system and acoustic vortex for an intense listening experience.
What refines the X3R technology is its three Helmholtz resonator chambers and acoustic vortex which smoothens masking resonance. The three resonator chambers are precision-drilled into the elegant aluminum chassis of the IE 900 and placed between the diaphragm and the nozzle.
This complete harmony of systems is at work to unlock the details buried within every track.
German-made 7mm TrueResponse Transducer provides extra wide frequency extension and ultra-low distortion for exceptionally natural sound.
The drivers in each pair of IE 900s are matched during our automated transducer manufacturing process to practically eliminate variance.
The specially developed membrane foil used in the transducer diaphragm delivers rapid response times for pristine, clear audio across the entire frequency spectrum, even at atypical volume levels.
The triple-chamber absorber is a sophisticated system of three Helmholtz resonators milled into the solid aluminum housing.
These tiny channels eliminate resonance peaks which can color the sound signature and alter the feel of your music.
Milled directly into the nozzle, the acoustic vortex is a complex structure which swirls acoustic energy in these frequency bands to smooth out peaks.
Ultimate precision & craftsmanship
Designed, engineered, and made in Germany the one-piece housing is precision-milled from a single block of aluminum on an avant-garde 5-axis-CNC machine.
The demanding milling process takes 40 minutes for each pair of IE 900. Components are hand-assembled by a specialist team at Sennheiser’s headquarters with meticulous attention to detail.
A precise fit for precise sound
The secure form fitting lightweight high-strength anodized aluminum housing offers exceptional resistance and long-lasting aesthetic beauty. Adjustable flexible ear hooks and a selection of silicone and memory foam ear adaptors in 3 sizes (S/M/L) adapt to the natural shape of your ear for a tailored fit and high noise isolation.
Let’s take a look at the specifications…
- Transducer principle: Closed-back single dynamic driver, pressure chamber
- Transducer size: 7mm
- Frequency response: 5 Hz – 48,000 Hz (-10 dB)
- Impedance: 16 Ohms
- THD: <0.05% (94 dB, 1 kHz)
- Cable connector: Gold-plated Fidelity+ MMCX Connectors
- Weight: 4 g (single earphone); 24 g (earphones with cable)